Indian skipper Virat Kohli succeeded to secure his top position in the ICC test rankings as the batting ratings though he slammed only 3 and 34 runs in the Adelaide Test. Cheteshwar Pujara, who scored a century in the Adelaide test crept to the fourth position in the test rankings for the batsman.
The New Zealand captain Kane Williamson stood at the second place with 139 runs in the test match against Pakistan. He is just seven points away from Virat Kohli and stood as the first New Zealand player to secure 900 ICC rating points. He is currently at 913 points. Steven Smith stood at the third position in the rankings for batsmen.
Cheteshwar Pujara slammed 123 runs and 71 runs in the Adelaide test and secured the fourth position and England skipper Joe Root slipped to the fifth position. David Warner slipped to the sixth position and Henry Nicholls gained the ninth position by creeping eight places up by his match-winning century against Pakistan at Abu Dhabi. Pakistani batsman Azhar Ali climbed two places up after a hundred against New Zealand.
There are no specific changes in the bowler rankings with Kagiso Rabada leading the list of bowlers followed by James Anderson. Ravindra Jadeja is still in the fifth position and Ravichandran Ashwin crept to the sixth position.
ICC Batsman Rankings
- Virat Kohli(India)- 920
- Kane Williamson(New Zealand)-913
- Steven Smith(Australia)-901
- Cheteshwar Pujara(India)-846
- Joe Root(England)-807
- David Warner(Australia)- 795
- Dimuth Karunarathne(Sri Lanka)- 753
- Dean Elgar (South Africa)-724
- Henry Nicholls(New Zealand)- 709
- Azhar Ali(Pakistan)- 708
ICC Rankings for Bowlers
- Kagiso Rabada(South Africa)-882
- James Anderson(England)-874
- Vernon Philander(South Africa)-826
- Mohammed Abbas(Pakistan)-821
- Ravindra Jadeja(India)-804
- Ravichandran Ashwin(India)-786
- Pat Cummins(Australia)-770
- Trent Boult(New Zealand)- 764
- Yasir Shah( Pakistan)- 755
- Jason Holder(West Indies)-751